The news media is a major influence on brand value. Whether for good or for bad, this holds true across for-profit and nonprofit organizations and even personal brands.
However, these brand makers also are experiencing seismic shifts in brand value, only accelerated by the pandemic. Mergers and acquisitions, decreased funding, loss of seasoned reporters, different media consumption habits and increased competition from social media and citizen journalists all are having a major impact on the ever-changing news industry.
In our new Brand Promise podcast series, we’re honored to host media leaders from around the Greater Cincinnati market to discuss the challenges they face and responsibility they share as local media representatives. We’ll explore how these outlets are evolving their own brands to remain relevant to important audiences and to compete for market share. Please join us as we hear from:
- Beryl Love, Executive Editor, Cincinnati Enquirer
- Jamie Smith, Publisher & Market President, Cincinnati Business Courier
- Crystal Kendrick, Founder and Publisher, The Voice of Black Cincinnati
- Lacy Starling, President & CEO, LINK Media
- Jeff Brogan, Vice President & General Manager, WCPO-TV
- Maryanne Zeleznik, Vice President of News and “Morning Edition” Host, WVXU-FM
- Ivy Bayer, Publisher, Cincinnati Magazine
You’ll gain insight on how to better engage with news media as you seek their help in building the brands you manage. You’ll hear directly from executives with your favorite local outlets and learn what sets them apart. You’ll also find inspiration in their reinvention stories.
We’ll share each episode on our website and through our social channels. You also can subscribe to receive updates to your inbox at vehrcommunications.com/brand-promise-podcast.